Duck Pâté Banh Mi, Old Quarter, Hanoi

Best Pate Banh Mi, Old Quarter, Hanoi

phố cổ  -11 Hàng Gà

Delicious Pate Banh Mi in Old quarter of Hanoi
Delicious Pate Banh Mi 

I can't get enough of Banh Mi! I did some research and I found out that there are couple of famous duck pate banh mi shops in Hanoi's Old Quarter. I follow my heart and my tummy to this shop. It's located in a touristy area right at the corner of 11th street. You will see a Banh Mi stand with tiny plastic stools right there on the street. It's quite popular with locals and tourists alike.

street restaurant banh mi in hanoi, vietnam
Pate Banh mi shop on the side walk

The taste of  the pate at this shop is like nowhere else I've tried so far. I ordered "Bread with Pate and BBQ pork". The bread was so crispy, and she stuffed lots of ingredients in the baguette. The smell of the pate was so rich. The lady asked us if she could put chili sauce into the sandwiches, and it added such a great taste to the delicious pate. After first bite, I'm in love <3.

Delicious Banh Mi in Old Quarter of Hanoi
delicious pate banh mi

Inside sandwich there is fatty BBQ pork, fresh cucumber, cilantro, fresh carrot, raw papaya, duck pate, and chili sauce. All of the ingredients mixed so well together and gave it such a delicious taste. I love the smell of cilantro and I love the little spicy kick that her chili sauce added. I will come back again sometimes to try her pate with egg! Give me more of that chili sauce, lady! :D
 
Actually this place was not my original target goal for finding a duck pate banh mi, but I'm beyond grateful that I stumbled upon this place. Sometimes, you just have to follow your instincts to a tiny nondescript hole-in-the-wall shop, and you won't be disappointed by what you find!

Price: 20,000d
(prices range from 12,000 to 25,000- this is a very cheap and filling Vietnamese lunch!
Hanoi Banh Mi
Various types of Sandwiches
     

Comments